Providing a widest service for students and making opportunities to develop the skills and attitude needed for the intellectual engagement of the University Community. A number of services are supplied by the student welfare branch for the students.
Services provided by the Student Welfare Division for the students are as follows:
- Calling applications to provide hostel facilities, selecting students for hostels, providing hostel facilities, fulfilling the needs of the hostels and organizing the activities of students' unions and elections.
- Registration of students' union, student committees, students' welfare societies and subject societies, and activities related to Bursary, Mahapola Scholarship, University Grant Commission Scholarships and other scholarships.
- Activities related to issuing of concessional season tickets for bus and railways.
- Giving permission for guest lectures, seminars, films, dramas and meetings and related activities organized by students' unions.
- Coordinating activities of fundraising by student unions.
- Administration and maintenance of hostels, canteens, student centre, the book shop, milk bar, hair dressing salon, photocopy service.